Tomačevo 30a, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia
+386 68 147 467

FAQ

Where do we meet?

We will meet you in Ljubljana or pick you up at the airport. Transfers from airports Ljubljana, Klagenfurt, Trieste and Zagreb are included in the price. Transfers from airports Venice and Graz  are possible but subject to prior arrangement and surcharge. For information about transfers please phone +386 68 147 467 or send an email to: info@mtbgalaxy.com

How is it with cash and expenses?

The official currency in Slovenia is the Euro – €. Additional costs you may encounter during your stay: lunch (cca. 10€/day), souvenirs, drinks in bars, massage treatments in hotels, etc. Most places allow payments by credit card, but we recommend you visit an ATM machine and pay in cash. Tipping is welcome (if you are satisfied with the service), not mandatory. The usual tip is up to 10% of the bill.

How about the food and meals?

In all multi-day trips breakfast & dinner is included in the price. Lunch is the only meal that needs to be paid separately (around 10€ per day). Breakfast and dinner are part of the half-board lodging option at each hotel. Each day includes a lunch stop at a specially selected local restaurant, serving local home made food, friendly atmosphere and range of foods characteristic for the area. Other lunch option is buying food in the grocery store.  We kindly ask our guests to report any special nutritional requirements in advance (vegetarians, gluten free …) so we can notify the hotels and restaurants accordingly.

Cost and cancellation?

A 20% deposit is required upon application, the remaining 80% at least 2 weeks before departure.

  • Cancelling up to 30 days prior to departure incurs a charge of 20% of the total booking value.
  • Cancelling 14 to 8 days prior to departure incurs a charge of 50% of the total booking value.
  • Bookings cancelled less than 7 days prior to departure cannot be refunded.
What kind of bike do I need?

The best bike for our trips is a good all mountain or enduro bike with at least 120 mm of travel. The bike should not weigh more than 16 kilos as there is quite a bit of uphill riding. Hardtails are always an option, provided your knees and back can take the punishment.

Can I Rent a bike?

Sure! We have a number of Mondraker and Trek bikes available for rent. For a full list of bikes, sizes and pricing contact us at  info@mtbgalaxy.com.  Bikes can be reserved upon booking to eliminate any chance of not having a bike ready and waiting for you when you arrive. Check out our bike rental options and prices: info@mtbgalaxy.com

What spare parts for my bike should I bring?

Most bicycle spares and components are available for purchase in bike shops around Slovenia (for example Positive sports in Kobarid). But, to set your mind at ease, we recommend you bring the following set of spares with you:

  • rear derailleur hanger
  • one set of brake pads
  • chain (if your bike chain is older than 6 months)
  • 2 inner tubes (with the appropriate valve)
  • 2 spokes (appropriate lengths for your wheelset)
  • Shock pump (particularly if you ride a Cannondale:) )

You can also do away with worrying about spares altogether and rent a bike for the week.

What clothing do you recommend?

With the exception of May and October, weather in Slovenia is rather stable and not too cold. Expected temperatures in May and October are between 10 and 25 C and temperatures between June and September are between 15 and 30 C. Packing rain gear is always good as we cannot guarantee the dry weather. Some long sleeves can certainly come in handy.

What should I pack?

Clothing and accessories:

  • at least two cycling jerseys with short sleeves and one with long sleeves
  • padded bike shorts
  • bike helmet
  • knee pads (elbow pads optional)
  • sunglasses
  • bike gloves
  • rainproof jacket and pants
  • warm “civilian” clothing (fleeces, pants …)
  • swimsuit, towel
  • sunscreen and insect repellent
  • personal hygiene set (toothbrush, toothpaste, soap, shampoo…)

Your riding backpack should carry at least:

  • 2 liters of fluid/day (hydration bladder or plastic bottles)
  • 1 spare inner tube (appropriate valve)
  • tools
  • pump

Plus any other stuff you can’t ride without (phone, camera etc.)!

What if I want to extend my stay in Slovenia?

No problem at all! Our guides can help you find lodging and activities with dependable agencies and friends all around the country. Contact us at: info@mtbgalaxy.com

Didn’t get the right answer?

Don’t hesitate to contact us anytime. We will try to reply as fast as possible.